Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 1: New Beginnings

Let me begin by saying I'm not a photographer, I'm an Illustrator. I'm exploring photography for personal reasons of taking better reference photos and to gain an understanding for the creative process. With that said, I'm starting this blog to document my growth and development. For Christmas I received a camera I had my eye on for months, the D3100, from my super amazing dad. My roommate let me borrow her camera a few times and I grew fond of it's user friendly qualities. I'm intrigued by photography but I really don't understand it. I recently modeled for a friend and was inspired by his work. Check him out http://christopherhoniball.com/  His work is appealing to me through his use of natural lighting and the connection he establishes with his subjects. I hope to achieve this one day, but for now, I need to learn how to use a camera first. 


"casa de Victoria"



First day of playing around, I realized I suck at this and need to read the manual. My friend who is also studying in art received a camera for Christmas, D3200. She showed me nifty settings she has been using, for example Vivid mode. 

I quickly grew to hate flash. 



No comments:

Post a Comment